Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Telephone Number:
- TTY Number:
Description of Services Provided
- WestJet does not provide oxygen service on board. However, they accept certain gaseous oxygen and portable oxygen concentrators on their aircraft.
- WestJet permits a maximum of two guests travelling with gaseous oxygen cylinders per flight, and a maximum of two cylinders per guests. Necessary documentation must be provided. This service can only be offered on domestic flights (within Canada).
- Each guest is permitted to bring one medically required wheelchair at no charge.
- Braces, crutches, walkers and canes, along with other assisting devices, will also be accepted free of charge.
- WestJet recommends that guests who use a mobility aid notify the carrier at least 48 hours in advance of departure.
Guests with a visual or hearing impairment
- WestJet aircraft are equipped with tactile row markers located on the overhead bins or on the aisle seats.
- Supplemental safety briefing cards are available in Braille, in English and French on all WestJet aircraft. WestJet can also provide a personal in-flight safety briefing and a large-print visual aid, if needed.
Additional seating for guests with special needs
- Special or additional seating is available at no charge to guests with a physical or mental disability who require:
- a personal attendant to provide help with meals, medication, use of the toilet or to assist the person with a disability who is unable to assist themselves in an emergency evacuation or in the event of decompression;
- additional seating to accommodate their disability (including obesity).
- WestJet allows service, specialty and emotional support animals in the cabin of the aircraft, free of charge, when on duty. The provision of certification documentation will also be required.
- WestJet recommends that the service or emotional support animal be harnessed at all times while on the aircraft.
- WestJet accepts service and emotional support dogs, cats, miniature horses, pigs and monkeys on flights to most destinations.
- Abbotsford (British Columbia)
- Brandon (Manitoba)
- Calgary (Alberta)
- Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)
- Comox Valley (British Columbia)
- Deer Lake (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Edmonton (Alberta)
- Fort McMurray (Alberta)
- Fort St. John (British Columbia)
- Fredericton (New Brunswick)
- Grande Prairie (Alberta)
- Halifax (Nova Scotia)
- Hamilton (Ontario)
- Kamloops (British Columbia)
- Kelowna (British Columbia)
- Kitchener-Waterloo (Ontario)
- Kitimat (British Columbia)
- London (Ontario)
- Moncton (New Brunswick)
- Montreal (Quebec)
- Nanaimo (British Columbia)
- Ottawa (Ontario)
- Penticton (British Columbia)
- Prince George (British Columbia)
- Quebec City (Quebec)
- Regina (Saskatchewan)
- Saskatoon (Saskatchewan)
- St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Sydney (Nova Scotia)
- Terrace (British Columbia)
- Thunder Bay (Ontario)
- Toronto (Ontario)
- Vancouver (British Columbia)
- Victoria (British Columbia)
- Whitehorse (Yukon )
- Windsor (Ontario)
- Winnipeg (Manitoba)
- Yellowknife (Northwest Territories)
Other Locations Serviced
WestJet also services numerous other destinations, such as the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
It is recommended that passengers contact WestJet at least 48 hours before their flight’s departure, as some services require a little extra time to prepare.