Mode of Transportation:
Lift or ramp-equipped buses and accessible low-floor buses
- Web Site:
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Telephone Number:
- Main Switchboard: (416) 393-4000; Information (416) 393-4636
- TTY Number:
- (416) 481-2523
1900 Yonge Street
Hours of Operations
Most buses run daily from about 6:00 A.M. (9:00 A.M. on Sundays) until about 1:00 A.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
City of Toronto.
Description of Services Provided
- Lift or ramp-equipped buses and accessible low-floor buses are designed to carry customers who are unable to board, or have difficulty boarding, conventional buses. These features can help people who:
- Use wheelchairs or scooters;
- Use other mobility aids, such as walkers, crutches or canes; and
- Do not use a visible mobility aid, but who would benefit from using a lift or ramp, such as seniors and people with strollers.
- Lift or ramp-equipped buses and accessible low-floor buses currently serve all 170 bus routes.
- All buses are equipped with Automated Next Stop Announcements to verbally and visually display the upcoming vehicle stop.
- All accessible vehicles have two forward facing positions for wheelchairs and scooters.
- Provides priority seating for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
Not all bus stops on an accessible route are accessible.