Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Porter Airlines
- Telephone Number:
- 1-888-619-8622 or (416) 619-8622
- TTY Number:
- Voice Relay Service: 711
Description of Services Provided
- Porter Airlines will provide assistance with:
- Registration at the check-in counter;
- Moving to the boarding area;
- Boarding and disembarking, including moving to and from passenger seat;
- Retrieving checked baggage;
- Moving to a representative of another air carrier within the same terminal for a change of flight;
- Moving to the general public area;
- Transferring to a wheelchair, boarding chair or other mobility aid provided by the air carrier from the person’s own mobility aid;
- Stowing and retrieving carry-on baggage;
- Transferring from an on-board wheelchair, boarding chair or other mobility aid to their seat;
- Moving to and from the aircraft lavatory, including assistance in the use of an on-board wheelchair;
- Opening packages and identifying items;
- Providing information regarding weather, on-board services and flight delays; and
- Making periodic inquiries about a passenger’s needs and attending to them.
- Each aircraft is equipped with an on-board wheelchair. While flight attendants provide assistance to those requiring the use of an on-board wheelchair to visit the lavatory during flight, passengers must be semi-ambulatory and able to transfer themselves into and out of this aid.
- All aisle armrests in the passenger cabin are removable, with the exception of bulkhead rows.
- Porter Airlines also accepts on-board assistive devices, such as ventilators, respirators, continuous positive airway pressure machines, and portable oxygen concentrators.
Porter Airlines will accommodate passengers with reduced mobility by providing a wheelchair to and from the aircraft door and assistance into the aircraft through the use of a boarding wheelchair.
Visual or hearing impairments
Passengers with visual or hearing impairments will be provided assistance on and off the aircraft if requested.
- Service dogs are accepted on-board the aircraft free of charge and must travel at the feet of their owner.
- Passengers travelling with a service animal should carry service animal support documentation for presentation to authorities during their travel.
Portable Oxygen Concentrators
Passengers may use their own portable oxygen concentrators for all or a portion of their flight.
Attendants must be physically capable of assisting the passenger with their personal and physical needs during all aspect of travel.
- Halifax (Nova Scotia)
- Moncton (New Brunswick)
- Mont-Tremblant (Quebec)
- Montreal (Quebec)
- Ottawa (Ontario)
- Quebec City (Quebec)
- Sault Ste. Marie (Ontario)
- St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Stephenville (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Sudbury (Ontario)
- Thunder Bay (Ontario)
- Timmins (Ontario)
- Toronto (Ontario)
- Windsor (Ontario)
Other Locations Serviced
Porter Airlines also services 6 destinations in the United States (Boston, Burlington, Chicago, Myrtle Beach, New York City and Washington).
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
Many of these services may require advanced notice and medical documentation. Passengers are requested to give advanced notice of their needs.