Mode of Transportation:
Wheelchair accessible vans equipped with either a ramp or a lift
- Web Site:
- Community Care Northumberland
- Telephone Number:
- Fax Number:
- (705) 653-0932
174 Oliver Road
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Service is available on weekends based on driver availability.
- Special requests are accommodated whenever possible after regular hours based on driver availability.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations)
Monday to Friday: 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
- Service is available to the residents of Northumberland County, which includes the townships of Alnwick/Haldimand, Cramahe and Hamilton, the municipalities of Brighton, Trent Hills and Port Hope, as well as the Town of Cobourg.
- County residents can also book rides to Peterborough, Whitby, Toronto and Kingston for medical appointments.
Description of Services Provided
Provides accessible transportation services to persons with disabilities and seniors who are unable to use conventional transit through the use of wheelchair accessible vans equipped with either a ramp or lift.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Users must meet eligibility criteria.
- Registration is required.
- Rides must be booked 48 hours in advance. However, emergencies will be accommodated as much as possible.
- One attendant per client can ride for free.