Mode of Transportation:
Accessible and regular minibuses as well as accessible and regular taxis
- Web Site:
- Société de transport de l'Outaouais (Paratransit)
- Telephone Number:
- (819) 773-2222
- TTY Number:
- Bell Relay Service: 1-800-855-0511
- Fax Number:
- (819) 776-6939
Société de transport de l'Outaouais
Hours of Operations
Hours or Service:
Monday to Sunday: 6:15 A.M. to 12:30 A.M.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
- Monday to Friday: 6:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays: 7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
The area served extends to the boundaries of the new City of Gatineau and the municipalities of Cantley and Chelsea.
Description of Services Provided
The Société de transport de l’Outaouais offers a collective accessible door-to-accessible door paratransit service for persons with disabilities unable to use regular public transit.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- User must meet the criteria as defined in the Paratransit Eligibility Policy of the Quebec Ministry of Transport.
- User can reserve two weeks in advance or until noon the day before the travel, except on Mondays when the reservation deadline is noon on the preceding Saturday.
- Guide dogs and assistance dogs are the only animals permitted on board vehicles. Users must submit a statement to the STO in advance confirming that the dog has been trained at a recognized facility, in Quebec or elsewhere, to fulfill the functions of a guide dog or assistance dog for a person with a disability.
- User must be a permanent resident of the City of Gatineau and the municipalities of Cantley and Chelsea.
- Visitors, residing temporarily in the City of Gatineau or the municipalities of Cantley and Chelsea and who are eligible for Paratransit service where they live, are eligible for paratransit service.
- Ottawa residents, who are eligible for Para Transpo, are eligible for paratransit service.