Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Yellowknife Accessible Transit System (YATS)
- Telephone Number:
- (867) 873-8901
Yellowknife City Hall
4807 – 52nd
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
- Monday to Friday: 6:40 A.M. to 7:10 P.M.
- Saturday: 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- No service is offered on Sundays and statutory holidays.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
Monday to Saturday: 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Service area is generally defined as an 800-metre zone around the existing fixed route transit routes.
Description of Services Provided
YATS is a component of Yellowknife Transit that provides accessible door-to-accessible door service for persons who are unable to board, ride, or disembark the fixed route transit system with safety and dignity due to a temporary or permanent physical or functional disability.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- All users are required to pre-register by submitting an application form signed by a health care professional.
- All applicants will be required to reapply for YATS service every five (5) years.
- Seasonal or temporary applicants will be required to reapply at the end of their current approval method.
- One attendant may accompany a rider free of charge, when the rider’s eligibility and registration requires an attendant. The attendant must be picked up and dropped off at the same location as the rider.
- If a rider’s registration information indicates the requirement for an attendant, travel will not be permitted without an attendant.
- Wheelchairs and other mobility aids must be secured. Lap belts are recommended for all wheelchair users.
- Due to limitations on the capacity of the lift, the combined weight of passenger and mobility aid cannot exceed 600 lbs (272 kg).
- Canes, walkers and other portable mobility aids are always accepted.
- Riders may bring their service animal on board any YATS vehicle free of charge.