Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Air Transat
- Telephone Number:
- TTY Number:
Description of Services Provided
Air Transat will provide assistance with:
- Registration at the check-in counter;
- Moving to the boarding area and to the general public area;
- Transferring the passenger from his mobility aid;
- Pre-boarding and deplaning;
- Stowing and retrieving carry-on items;
- Periodically inquiring on the passenger’s needs and well-being during the flight;
- Delivery of and transfer to the passenger’s personal mobility aid at the aircraft door;
- Retrieving checked baggage; and
- Getting to a representative of another airline for a flight connection.
Air Transat’s aircrafts are equipped with an accessible lavatory that accommodates the carrier’s on-board wheelchair and is designed to be operated with minimal effort. The on-board dimensions of the carrier’s seats, aisles and lavatories are available on request.
Travellers with a visual impairment
A crew member will give the passenger an individual safety briefing. Braille safety feature cards are available on all aircraft and each row number of the aircraft is identified with a tactile row marker at the bottom of the overhead bins.
Travellers with a hearing impairment
In-flight and ground personnel have access to pen and paper to assist with communications.
Mobility Aids, Wheelchairs and Scooters
- Air Transat will handle passenger mobility aids, wheelchairs and scooters with priority and free of charge.
- Wheelchairs or other battery-powered mobility aids may be carried as checked baggage when:
- Battery is disconnected;
- Terminals are protected from short circuits; and
- Battery is securely attached to the wheelchair or mobility aid.
- The carrier will disassemble electric/battery powered mobility aids where required.
- On arrival, the carrier will deliver the passenger’s personal mobility aid to the aircraft door.
Certified Service Dogs
- Air Transat welcomes on-board certified service dogs that are travelling with a person with a disability. Service dogs must remain under the supervision of the passenger and wear its harness at all times.
- Service dogs will not be carried unless proper permits are obtained for entry into the countries of transit or final destination, and such permits are presented prior to commencement of travel. Passengers will also be required to present a valid training certificate prior to travel.
- Calgary (Alberta)
- Edmonton (Alberta)
- Halifax (Nova Scotia)
- Hamilton (Ontario)
- Kelowna (British Columbia)
- London (Ontario)
- Moncton (New Brunswick)
- Montreal (Quebec)
- Ottawa (Ontario)
- Quebec City (Quebec)
- Regina (Saskatchewan)
- Rouyn-Noranda (Quebec)
- Saskatoon (Saskatchewan)
- St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Thunder Bay (Ontario)
- Toronto (Ontario)
- Vancouver (British Columbia)
- Victoria (British Columbia)
- Winnipeg (Manitoba)
Other Locations Serviced
Air Transat also services other destinations, such as Europe, South America and the United States.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
For any special services, wheelchair requests, including those involving medical requirements, please inform Air Transat at least 7 business days prior to departure.