Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Halifax Transit – Access-A-Bus
- Telephone Number:
- Registration: (902) 490-6681; Bookings: (902) 490-6999
- TTY Number:
- (902) 490-6664
- Fax Number:
- (902) 490-6688
200 Ilsley Avenue
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
Sunday to Saturday: 5:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 A.M. 7:00 P.M.
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Serves the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Description of Services Provided
- Provides a shared ride, door-to-door transportation service for persons who are unable to use the conventional transit service due to physical or cognitive disabilities.
- Buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts or electric ramps, wheelchair anchoring devices, seat belts and handrails.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Users must meet eligibility criteria.
- Registration is required.
- Advance booking is on a first-come, first-served basis and can be made up to seven days in advance.
- Same day booking may be accommodated only after registered users on the waiting list are offered service.
- Personal care attendants are not required to pay a fare to accompany an Access-A-Bus passenger.
- A travelling companion accompanying a registered user must pay regular fare.
- All mobility scooters will require four tie-down points to secure the device on the bus.
- Scooter passengers must transfer to a regular bus seat.
- Anyone visiting the Halifax Regional Municipality and travelling within the transit area, who are registered with a similar service may use Access-A-Bus but must register with the service and provide 48-hours notification.