Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Central Kootenay HandyDART System (formerly Nelson HandyDART)
- Telephone Number:
- (250) 265-3674 or 1-877-843-2877
- Fax Number:
- (250) 265-3378
Arrow and Slocan Lakes Community Services
Nakusp, British Columbia
Hours of Operations
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Sundays and holidays: Taxi supplement services in effect.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Kaslo, Nakusp, Nelson, Ymir/Salmo, Krestova/Shoreacres, Six Mile, and Slocan Valley.
Description of Services Provided
- HandyDART is a public transit service designed to accommodate people with cognitive and physical disabilities.
- HandyDART service is provided to and from accessible building entrances.
There are two types of service:
- Regular subscription trips - once a week or more often.
- One-time trips - please call at least 24 hours ahead for your reservation.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Passengers must be registered with HandyDART.
- Attendants ride free.