Mode of Transportation:
Accessible low-floor buses
- Web Site:
- Halifax Transit – Accessible Low-Floor Buses
- Telephone Number:
- 311 or (902) 490-4000
- TTY Number:
- (902) 490-6645
200 Ilsley Avenue
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Hours of Operations
Click on Halifax Transit Schedule for schedule and route information.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Serves the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Description of Services Provided
Provides fixed-route accessible bus services through the use of Accessible Low-Floor buses which contain the following features:
- No step entry and exit;
- Bus lowers to curb level;
- Entry and exit access ramp for quick and safe wheelchair accessibility;
- Two wheelchair safety securement systems per bus;
- Extra wide doors and aisles;
- Easy to read electronic exterior destination signs; and
- Features the international accessibility symbol on all four sides of the bus.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Personal care attendants accompanying customers with mobility disabilities travel for free upon displaying the Halifax Transit approved identification.
- Customers using scooters must be able to manoeuvre the scooter into the docking area and transfer to a fixed seat while traveling.
- All mobility scooters will require four tie-down points to secure the device on the bus.