Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Barrie Accessible Community Transportation Services (B.A.C.T.S.)
- Telephone Number:
- Information: (705) 739-4209; Reservation: (705) 737-2304
- Fax Number:
- (705) 739-4238
70 Collier Street, 3rd
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.
- Saturday: 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.
- Sunday: 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Service is not available on Statutory Holidays.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
Monday to Friday: 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Description of Services Provided
- Provides accessible door-to-door bus transportation for persons with mobility difficulties and is available on a temporary or permanent basis, depending on the user’s eligibility.
- Registered B.A.C.T.S. clients may use the service for medical appointments, school, shopping, visiting family and friends, as well as for social outings.
- Vehicles can accommodate wheelchairs that are no larger than 42 inches (106 cm) in length, 30 inches (76 cm) in width and do not exceed a combined weight of the passenger and wheelchair of 600 lbs (273 kg).
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Users must meet eligibility requirements.
- Registration is required and reservations are required one week in advance. However, same-day service and immediate request for service may be accommodated providing there are gaps in the bus schedule.
- Only persons physically unable to board public transit vehicles are eligible for this service.
- Approved clients must reside within the City of Barrie.
- B.A.C.T.S. will provide service to any person visiting Barrie who is a registrant of another accessible system.
- Attendants travel for free.