Mode of Transportation:
Accessible bus and paratransit service
- Web Site:
- Cobourg Transit
- Telephone Number:
- (905) 372-4555 or (905) 373-0582
- TTY Number:
- (905) 373-0582
Town of Cobourg
55 King Street West
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
- Monday to Friday: 7:22 A.M. to 6:45 P.M.
- Saturday: 8:22 A.M. to 6:45 P.M.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
Monday to Friday: 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
- Town of Cobourg, with trips to Port Hope 3 times a day.
- Trips to Cobourg VIA Rail station are also available on request.
Description of Services Provided
This is an accessible community transit system that provides a one-hour fixed route, door to door service covering the majority of the town.
The Wheels Service:
This service is available to anyone who is unable to walk a distance of 175 metres or climb or descend steps used in conventional transit facilities.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Application forms are required for the Wheels Service and must be completed in part by a health care professional.
- Registration is required.
- 24 hour advance notice is required for booking rides.
- Attendants pay regular fare.
- Service is not available to non-residents.