Mode of Transportation:
Low-floor accessible buses
- Web Site:
- OC Transpo (accessible transit)
- Telephone Number:
- Information: (613) 741-4390; Access OC Hotline: (613) 842-3625
- TTY Number:
- (613) 741-5280
- Fax Number:
- (613) 842-3653
1500 St. Laurent
Hours of Operations
Seven days a week. Hours vary according to routes. For more information on OC Transpo bus schedule and routes, please click on the following link: OC Transpo bus schedule and routes.
Geographic Areas Serviced
City of Ottawa and the city of Gatineau.
Description of Services Provided
- All of OC Transpo’s buses are accessible and are identified with the blue and white wheelchair symbol.
- Other accessibility features include:
- Kneeling feature that allows the bus to lower to the curb;
- Ramp for easy boarding;
- Automated Next Stop Announcement System;
- Electronic visual display of the next stop, bus route, destination and time;
- Priority seating areas are available near the front of the buses for persons with disabilities, seniors and other customers who may have difficulty standing in a moving bus;
- Two allocated spaces can accommodate persons with assistive devices in a rear-facing position. Each of these spaces come equipped with optional stability belts and a stop-request button;
- Visual warning light and audible alarm when the kneeling feature or ramp are being raised or lowered.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Customers must be able to get to and from the bus stop, and be able to board on your own or with the help of an attendant.
- Customers who are blind or visually impaired travel for free on all routes by presenting their Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) one-piece photo identification card.
- Seniors aged 65 or more travel for free all day on Wednesdays. A discounted monthly pass is also available.
- Service animals are permitted to travel on all OC Transpo buses provided their handlers carry identification from a recognized service animal training school or a provincial government-issued guide dog photo identification card.
- Attendants travel for free by presenting an Attendant Card.