Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Regional District of Nanaimo handyDART
- Telephone Number:
- Nanaimo: (250) 390-3000; Parksville and Qualicum Beach: (250) 248-4557
- Fax Number:
- (250) 390-2757
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Saturday: 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Sunday: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- No service on statutory holidays.
Parksville and Qualicum Beach:
- Monday to Friday: 7:15 A.M. to 5:15 P.M.
- No service on Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Wednesday: 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville and Qualicum Beach.
Description of Services Provided
Provides accessible door-to-door transportation service to persons with physical or cognitive disabilities who are unable to use conventional transit.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Users must meet eligibility criteria.
- Registration is required.
- Booking in advance is required.
- Attendants travel for free, while companions pay regular fare.
- All scooters and wheelchairs must have functioning lap belts and secure components to attach tie-downs.
- The combined weight of the customer and mobility aid cannot exceed 600 pounds.