Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- OC Para Transpo
- Telephone Number:
- Information and Registration: (613) 244-1289; Bookings: (613) 244-7272
- TTY Number:
- (613) 244-4833
- Fax Number:
- (613) 244-4329
1500 St. Laurent
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
Monday to Sunday: 6:30 A.M. to midnight.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
Monday to Friday: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
City of Ottawa and the city of Gatineau.
Description of Services Provided
- Provides door-to-door transportation service for persons with temporary or permanent disabilities who are unable to use conventional transit services.
- Para Transpo service is provided by wheelchair-lift equipped buses.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Persons with a disability are generally considered eligible for Para Transpo service if by attempting to use OC Transpo’s regular fixed-route transit service, their health would be severely endangered or the attempt would likely lead to bodily harm.
- Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance.
- An attendant travelling with a customer with a disability travels for free.
- Only one companion is allowed to travel with a customer with a disability and that person must pay regular fare.
- Para Transpo service is also available to qualified people visiting Ottawa on a temporary basis, who have a mobility impairment which prevents them from using conventional OC Transpo bus service.