Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Telephone Number:
- 1-888-861-4592 (Quebec or Côte Nord) or 1-800-806-2167 (Saguenay)
- Fax Number:
- (418) 627-1503
Description of Services Provided
- Intercar offers a paratransit service to individuals using a wheelchair or with mobility disabilities in the Saguenay/Quebec City and Quebec City/Côte Nord corridors. This service is available upon prior arrangements only.
- These vehicles are equipped with a platform lift that allows easy access to individuals using a wheelchair, as well as a lock-down wheelchair system.
- If a passenger with a disability has needs that cannot be carried out by the driver, one attendant can accompany, free of charge, a person with a disability.
- The person with a disability who wishes to use this service must hold a valid Quebec Attendant Card emitted by the Association des propriétaires d’autobus du Québec.
A person with a disability (vision or other) can be accompanied by a guide dog. The guide dog must have proper documentation to be permitted on board.
- Alma (Quebec)
- Baie-Comeau (Quebec)
- Baie-Saint-Paul (Quebec)
- Chibougamau (Quebec)
- Chicoutimi-Jonquière (Quebec)
- Dolbeau / Mistassini (Quebec)
- La Malbaie (Quebec)
- Quebec City (Quebec)
- Saguenay (Quebec)
- Sept-Îles (Quebec)
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
Some services require advance notification and/or medical documentation. Travellers are advised to contact Intercar prior to booking in order to ensure that their needs can be adequately accommodated.