Mode of Transportation:
Wheelchair accessible vans
- Web Site:
- Castor and District Family and Community Support Services (Community Van Society)
- Telephone Number:
- (403) 882-2115
- Fax Number:
- (403) 882-2114
Hours of Operations
Hours of Service:
Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Office Hours (for Making Reservations):
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Geographic Areas Serviced
Town of Castor, County of Paintearth and Village of Halkirk.
Description of Services Provided
- Provides accessible transportation to persons with disabilities and seniors with wheelchair accessible vans.
- Large wheelchair accessible van can accommodate 8 passengers and 3 wheelchairs or 6 passengers and 4 wheelchairs or 4 passengers and 5 wheelchairs.
- Small wheelchair accessible van can accommodate 3 passengers or 1 wheelchair and 1 attendant.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
- Must be a person with a disability or a senior to use this service.
- An attendant must accompany clients on all trips.
- Must book a minimum of one week prior to travel.
- Must call a minimum of 24 hours to cancel a booking.
- Last minute bookings and cancellations are subject to an additional fee.