Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- Canadian North Airlines
- Telephone Number:
Description of Services Provided
- Passengers with special needs may carry the following aids as checked luggage, in addition to their free luggage allowance, without charge:
- Electric wheelchairs;
- Scooters or manually operated rigid-frame wheelchairs (aircraft with more than 60 seats);
- Manually-operated folding wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches or braces;
- Communication devices;
- Protheses; and
- Other medical devices.
- Persons in manually operated wheelchairs may remain in their wheelchairs until they reach the gate where facilities permit; while moving between the terminal and the aircraft door where space and facilities permit; and while moving between the terminal and the passenger seat.
- Small mobility aids may be carried within the passenger cabin without charge and where space permits.
- If a mobility aid cannot be carried in the passenger cabin, Canadian North will disassemble and package it for the flight, then unpack, reassemble and return it promptly upon arrival at destination.
Personal and medical attendants will be entitled to a guaranteed fare once the Incapacitated Passenger Declaration Form is submitted at least 48 hours prior to departure.
Canadian North does not provide oxygen on board; however, they accept certain gaseous oxygen and portable oxygen concentrators on board. They also can supply a portable oxygen concentrator with adequate notice (48 hours) and medical clearance.
Any certified trained service animal assisting persons with disabilities are accepted with no additional charge. These service animals are carried in the passenger cabin at the customer’s feet.
Passengers travelling on Canadian North who are disabled by obesity and require a second, adjacent seat, for medical reasons will be entitled to this seat free of charge, provided that the passenger files a completed Incapacitated Passenger Declaration Form at least 48 hours in advance of travel.
Pre-boarding is available on all flights for any passenger requiring a little extra time or assistance.
- Cambridge Bay (Nunavut)
- Cape Dorset (Nunavut)
- Clyde River (Nunavut)
- Edmonton (Alberta)
- Gjoa Haven (Nunavut)
- Hall Beach (Nunavut)
- Igloolik (Nunavut)
- Inuvik (Northwest Territories)
- Iqaluit (Nunavut)
- Kugaaruk (Nunavut)
- Kugluktuk (Nunavut)
- Norman Wells (Northwest Territories)
- Ottawa (Ontario)
- Pangnirtung (Nunavut)
- Pond Inlet (Nunavut)
- Qikiqtarjuaq (Nunavut)
- Rankin Inlet (Nunavut)
- Rankin Inlet (Nunavut)
- Taloyoak (Nunavut)
- Yellowknife (Northwest Territories)
Other Locations Serviced
Canadian North services other destination in Canada and in Florida through code share flights and other affiliated airlines; however these flights are not regulated by the same policies as Canadian North. Travelers are advised to contact the operating carriers of these flights directly.
Restrictions and/or Requirements for Use
Certain services may require an advance notice of 48 hours or more, a medical documentation or the completion of an Incapacitated Passenger Declaration Form. Please contact Canadian North’s Meda Desk at 1-506-547-7065 for any necessary clarifications or help.