Mode of Transportation:
- Web Site:
- First Air
- Telephone Number:
- TTY Number:
- Fax Number:
- (613) 254-6303
Description of Services Provided
An attendant who accompanies and cares for a passenger with a disability during flight, will not be charged any fare when accompanying a fare paying passenger, but will be charged applicable taxes, fees and charges. A medical certificate for the assisted passenger will be required.
Stretchers can be accommodated on all aircraft types. Prior arrangements must be made through First Air reservations with 24 hours notice.
First Air will provide assistance at departure and at arrival to transport baggage between the airport terminal and curbside areas.
Boarding and Deplaning Assistance
First Air will provide passengers with assistance through the terminal facility with baggage/customs and immigration and to their departure/connection flight or to curbside ground transportation.
- First Air will carry the following aids without charge:
- Walkers; canes, crutches and braces;
- Communication devices; and
- Prosthesis or medical devices.
- Some mobility aids, such as battery powered wheelchairs and scooters, may be restricted on some aircraft types.
Inflight crew will give personal safety briefings to those persons with special needs prior to takeoff. Additional service briefings may also be given enroute.
- Professionally trained service animals, which are assisting customers with disabilities, are carried on all aircraft types in the cabin at no charge.
- Service animals are permitted to remain on the floor at the passenger’s feet as long as they are properly harnessed. First Air will require written proof that a professional service animal institution has trained their service animal.
- Cambridge Bay (Nunavut)
- Cape Dorset (Nunavut)
- Clyde River (Nunavut)
- Edmonton (Alberta)
- Fort Simpson (Northwest Territories)
- Gatineau (Quebec)
- Gjoa Haven (Nunavut)
- Hall Beach (Nunavut)
- Hay River (Northwest Territories)
- Igloolik (Nunavut)
- Inuvik (Northwest Territories)
- Iqaluit (Nunavut)
- Kimmirut (Nunavut)
- Kugaaruk (Nunavut)
- Kugluktuk (Nunavut)
- Kuujjuaq (Nunavut)
- Montreal (Quebec)
- Norman Wells (Northwest Territories)
- Ottawa (Ontario)
- Pangnirtung (Nunavut)
- Pond Inlet (Nunavut)
- Qikiqtarjuaq (Nunavut)
- Rankin Inlet (Nunavut)
- Resolute Bay (Nunavut)
- Taloyoak (Nunavut)
- Whitehorse (Yukon )
- Winnipeg (Manitoba)
- Yellowknife (Northwest Territories)